Some people think that the data of smart home body fat scales are calculated and inaccurate. You may have seen this statement. Is the data of the smart body fat scale calculated? Does this sentence make sense? We still have to look at the principle of the smart body fat scale.
1. In recent years, developed and upgraded smart body fat scales generally use whole-body bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) for body composition analysis and body fat percentage measurement. Body composition analysis is performed by detecting the bioimpedance generated when alternating current passes through a living body.
2. The measurement of the home smart body fat scale is to measure the body fat rate of the lower body after the two lower limbs are in contact with the electrodes to form a current loop. Assuming that the human body is a uniform cylindrical volume conductor, the impedance value is calculated, and then the measured impedance value is substituted into the established mathematical equation model for body composition analysis and calculation. That is to say, the smart body fat scale first measures the impedance, and then calculates the body fat percentage, body water, protein and other data.
1. When substituting the measured impedance value into the established mathematical equation model to calculate body composition, the mathematical equation model needs parameters. Because humans have obvious group specificity, that is, there are large differences in body size between different races, the four-electrode home smart body fat scale cannot accurately measure the whole body impedance, resulting in the need to adjust the parameters in time.
2. In order to adapt to this difference, the researchers built many BIA calibration equation models for smart body fat scales by collecting data from a large sample population. Manufacturers of body composition analyzers always require users to fill in basic body information, such as age, gender, and height, before using smart body fat scales, in order to match a more reasonable calibration equation and obtain a more accurate body fat percentage. This is an effective means to ensure the accuracy of four-electrode measurement data. The larger the sample data, the more accurate the measurement. In fact, with the current international body fat measurement technology, it is very cumbersome and difficult to accurately measure body data.
1. There is a trend of change, which can prove that exercise and fitness are effective. In addition, the intelligent use scene health maintenance body fat scale is positioned at home. Weighing anytime and anywhere, the reference value of the data, the convenience and accuracy of obtaining the data are all high.
2. The digital smart body scale is an upgrade and optimization of the home scale, with a single function. Connect to the mobile APP, intelligently record each measurement data, and realize the long-term curve observation of various indicators of the body, which is an absolute advantage compared with traditional weighing scales.
In general, the body fat rate data is indeed calculated indirectly through the measured bioimpedance, but it is also based. In addition, to improve the accuracy of the data, solutions that are more effective under certain conditions are also provided. Most importantly, the amount of data changes provided by the smart body fat scale does have a non-negligible reference value for fitness and fat loss.