When we go to the gym, we often see an instrument - a smart body fat scale. When a person stands barefoot on the machine and holds a pole of the machine with both hands, data such as weight and body fat percentage can be obtained. It can be measured, and then the fitness trainer can create a plan based on this data.
Many people think that smart body fat scales are fooling people, and many data are calculated. But in fact, with the current international body fat measurement technology, it is very cumbersome and difficult to measure body data accurately and accurately.
The BIA bioelectrical impedance measurement method is a common measurement method for almost all measurement tools, such as smart body fat scales and body composition analyzers on the market. The specific principle is that the scale body emits a weak current through the electrode sheet, forming a closed circuit with the human body, and the electrical impedance value is obtained by the principle that muscle is easy to conduct electricity, but fat is not easy to conduct electricity. Then combine the electrical impedance value with the data such as height and weight to calculate the body fat percentage.
The smart body fat scale is an upgrade and optimization of the family scale. The scale has a single function and cannot store data; the price of a smart body fat scale is only slightly higher than that of a scale. But it has more reference data, which can be directly recorded through mobile phone APP or designated smart body fat scale APP, and has long-term curve observation, which are more advantages than integrated scales.
1. Due to the need to transmit electric current, the surface of most body fat scales will have conductive metal electrodes or conductive coatings. And in theory, the more electrodes there are, the more body parts that can be detected, and the more accurate the body fat data measured. Most household smart body fat scales are equipped with four electrodes, which are detected through the front and back of the feet. If the number of electrodes is less than four, the detection effect may have relatively large errors. Therefore, when choosing a smart body fat scale, try to choose products with more than four electrodes.
2. View the data that can be measured by each smart body fat scale. Many smart body fat scales can measure more than 12 kinds of body data. In fact, they can cover key figures like muscle percentage and fat percentage, which should satisfy most people's needs.
3. Check whether the supporting APP functions are reasonable. Compare the difference between a smart body fat scale and a weight scale. All measurement data needs to be displayed in the application.
4. Check the manufacturers of smart body fat scales, and try to buy products produced by well-known companies with good reputation.
1. Before measuring, it is best to wash your feet, separate your feet, stand upright on the body fat scale, and stick electrodes. If you stand with your feet close together, the microcurrent emitted by the body of the smart body fat scale will be directly exported to the right foot after entering from the left foot, and the body fat rate will be seriously inaccurate.
2. The measurement is fixed at the same time of the day. When you eat a lot of food or water, measure it with a scale and you will see a decrease in body fat percentage. That's because these foods and water cannot be converted into fat in a short time. They will only increase your base weight, the weight will increase, the total fat will not change, so it is normal for the body fat percentage to decrease. Therefore, it is recommended that every user who uses a smart body fat scale can fix the measurement at the same time of the day, preferably after getting up in the morning, so that the horizontal comparison of daily data can be used as a reference.